Monday, October 12, 2009

a new chapter

on saturday, october 3rd, a new chapter began in our life.
I wonder if anyone is ever REALLY prepared
to marry off their daughter...
oh the proposal was too sweet, the planning was/is fun,
seeing how God brought two people together is awesome,
but the fact remains...that you are on a path
that leads to a wedding ceremony!
we are currently on the hunt for that perfect venue
to have this little fall shindig next year...and it IS a hunt indeed
--- as we will not be joining the $27,000 club
(the average cost of a U.S. wedding)!!!
melody has been collecting ideas for quite some time...
and as soon as that location is reserved,
the carrying out of those ideas can begin.
I must say it already feels a bit overwhelming at times...
the ideas, all of the details and the accomplishing of those
are two different things!
oh, how I wish my mom were here!
I am really wondering how on earth we will ever pull this off
without her!
And how will we do it for two more daughters?!?!?!?!?!?
oh, calgon, take me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment